Claim Your Google Listing!
|This is your most important free listing. How does your Google listing look? In order to have control over your Google Listing, you have to claim it as the company owner. In this illustration, you’ll see:|
- Type your business into the search bar.
- The “organic” listings are below the search bar and should include your website first, then your social media accounts, and your listings on other sites.
- The box on the right is your Google Listing.
- Claim your listing!
|The Parts of the Listing|
Claiming your listing allows you to prove that you are the business owner so you can make edits to the content in this block. The listing includes photos, hours, directions, reviews, and a link to your website.
- For this example, I searched for Brimming Design.
- My listing is claimed, so box 2 offers me steps to improve my listing.
- Your listing can have photos. Make sure your first image is the face you want to show the world
- Is your google map location correct? If not, you can submit a correction
- Make sure your hours are correct. Below this, you will see more options that you may want to add to or edit.
|Lastly, work on getting more Google reviews! Suggest your customers come to this box and leave a review. (These reviews give you those valuable stars next to your name in the local listings.)|
Check out this article for instructions to getting your Google Review Link.
Now, get to work!